good game. but why every assume australians are aboriginals or guys with boomerangs that live in the desert
Airstralian: The Down Under Demo
A downloadable game for Windows
Step into the shoes of the Airstralian: a descendant from his homeland up above to the land down under, in search for treasure and knowledge (mostly treasure). Use the power of the wind to safely traverse the Kangaruins with your trusty boomerang!
Thank you for checking this demo version of Airstralian out!
If you have the time, we'd like you to fill this survey after playing the game!
This demo showcases a good part of the first three worlds; you can look forward to the full game releasing soon!
You can follow us on Twitter to interact with us and keep up to date with updates:
How to play
Guide the boomerang to the end of each level without hitting walls and other obstacles.
Obtain additional stars in each by completing it faster, which allow you to unlock the next world! Or try collecting all gems in a single go to earn the level's unique treasure!
Once a level's objectives are 100% done, you can also access it in hard mode for an extra tough challenge!
- Drag and release Left Mouse Button to aim and throw the boomerang. This can be done from any point in the screen.
- Hold Right Mouse Button or Space Bar to slow down the boomerang.
- Press R to return the boomerang to the Airstralian.
- Pess ESC to bring up the pause menu, from which you can restart the whole level, exit it, or tweak your settings.
Access the settings menu ingame to configure some accessibility features such as:
- Guidelines: Enables path prediction, which allows you to see how the boomerang will move once thrown for some distance.
- Mouse drag style: Choose between two styles of indicator; a full length arrow, and a more minimalist one.
- Camera size: A slider to adjust your ideal camera zoom, either to see more of the surroundings, or to see the boomerang from closer up.
- Lives: Enabling this will allow you to take 3 hits before having to start over for good. The game will attempt to place you at the most recent safe spot you last threw from after a hit.
- Decoration visibility settings: Wether to use reduced, minimal, fading or full vegetation and decoration.
- Audio and resolution options.
- Demo update released!Nov 07, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This is a great game. I did not expect this high quality when downloading it. The UI, the music and sound, all perfect. The gameplay itself is also great. The mechanics are fun and original. Finally, the art. The art is amazing and suits the game perfectly. 10/10, did not expect to find this gem whilst exploring itch.
im sorry. what? IM SORRY WAT? WAT IS .ZIP FILE OF SHEER MANLY AWSOMNESS I SEE BEFORE MINE EYES??
I wonder how such a good game is not featured on itch.io while there are already many craps on the home page with little to no artistic or story details. Good job, man! I downloaded it and will get back with more feedback later.
If you have some spare time, please take a look at our game, too, and let us know what you think. We need honest brutal feedback even if you hate it. Thank you.